Convertible crib means a baby crib which has the dual facility that you may use that crib as a regular crib and secondly as a toddler bed when your child will grow up. Finding the top rated best convertible cribs is very difficult but we made it easy for you and your baby by our baby products team.
Generally, these types of cribs are comfortable, safe for a baby and easy to place in a house. Parents become worried when their kids start to roll or become able to move around or push up on his/her hands because it becomes risky to leave them alone in bed, they can hurt themselves at any time.
This convertible crib has four crib rails on his surrounding that protect your baby from falling from the bed. You need to consider a few things while choosing the best convertible crib for your baby. It’s like as, is it safe for your child or not? Is it comfortable for your child or not? Your child can easily fit into it or not? Your infant can move frequently in the crib or not, the crib’s height from your bed, the price of the crib matches with your budget or not, you can fit the crib in your room or not, the crib is convertible or not and much more.
If you keep this in your mind, you can purchase the best convertible cribs which are best in the whole marketplace.
A Convertible crib should be your first choice because of its easy conversion and cost minimization. In a convertible crib, you can get a toddler bed, infant bed, and full-size bed as well. It means all in one. We recommend buying a perfect one where your baby can rest easy.
Here are the 10 Best Convertible Cribs Reviews
1. Graco Freeport Convertible Crib
Versatility is the signature trait of Graco Freeport Convertible Crib. If you buy this crib, you’ll be tension free of your baby’s accommodation for a long time. This crib can be converted from a basic crib to a toddler bed, a daybed and after that a full-size bed. So, you get to enjoy four form of different furniture just by paying for one.
The mattress can be altered into three different heights, making this crib appropriate for a wide range of customers.
When your child reaches the 35-pound mark, remove the front rail to convert the crib into a toddler bed. While doing that, make sure the mattress is at the lowest height. Then, just raise the mattress to middle height and it’ll be turned into a daybed. Eventually, you can turn this amazing crib into a full-size bed. All you need to buy is a metal frame. The back rail performs as a headboard.
The Freeport provides excellent security and safety to your child. It fulfills all the safety standards of ASTM and CPSC and certified by JPMA.
The building material of this elegant crib is solid pine wood. The Freeport comes with a one-year limited manufacturer’s warranty. But it’s built for a much longer period as it is built for durability.
- One product, four different uses.
- Three different mattress heights.
- One year limited warranty provided by the manufacturer.
- Requires Assembly.
- JPMA certified, meets the standards set by ASTM and CPSC.
- No batteries required.
- Product Dimensions : 29.8 x 55.2 x 42.1 inches
- Weight: 56 pounds.
- The multifunctional crib can be used as the different forms of furniture.
- Strongly built and durable.
- Comes with warranty.
- Customer friendly price.
- Stylish design and rich color.
- Easy to assemble.
- Any scratch on the color is noticeable which harms its beauty.
2. Graco Benton Convertible Crib, Pebble Gray
Buying a new crib every year for a growing child can be costly. So, for the parents, the Graco Benton convertible crib is designed very carefully to assure many years of use as the crib can easily convert from a crib to a toddler bed, daybed and full-size bed to match your baby’s growth. The classic arched headboard designed crib is a touch of pure perfection to the toddler room.
With a very affordable price, the Graco Benton convertible crib offers the care and comforts your child deserves. With the option to use it for many years, it is one of the cribs that every parent should check out.
This elegant convertible crib is made out of wooden materials. It comes with three different mattress height adjustment settings. Available in two colors; this crib meets all ASTM & CPSC safety standards and JPMA certification. It is one of the best baby cribs available right now. The materials of the crib are tested and are safe to be used by children.
- Weight: 54 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 56.7 x 29.8 x 42 inches
- Material: Wood
- Fixed side convertible crib
- Three different mattress height adjustments
- Can carry child weighing up to 50 pounds
- Includes conversion kit
- Full frame
- Fits any standard size mattress
- Converts to four different types
- Provides maximum comfort to your child
- Can fit any standard size crib mattress
- Designed to last long
- Effortless to put together
- Classic design
- NO sharp or jagged corners that might hurt the baby
- Very affordable price
- Not portable.
- Height settings might not suit every kid
3. Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail, White
The comfort of the child is the prime concern of every parent. The Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib is built around that very concern. Made out of New Zealand pine wood, this crib ensures that your lovely child will enjoy its sleep in a cozy and comfortable condition. The combination of Victorian and modern design gives this crib an elegant and stylish look.
This crib consists of rounded spindles that bring in some extra appeal while giving an open vibe. You can easily keep an eye on what’s your child is up to as the crib has all-spindle sides. The Hudson convertible crib converts to a toddler bed with rail added as well as a daybed. The solid wood build of this crib gives longer lifetime for use. Four adjustable mattress heights give the opportunity to get the most comfort out of the crib.
The crib is relatively low to the floor which gives easier access for the parents. The product is free from lead and phthalate with a non-toxic finish. It is certified by Green guard Gold, ASTM international, U.S. CPSC so there’s no need to worry about its safety.
- Weight: 56.5 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 54 x 29.8 x 35 inches
- Material Type: Pine Wood
- Origin: Taiwan
- Rounded spindle
- Green guard Gold, ASTM, CPSC certified
- Free from toxics, lead, and phthalate
- 3-in-1 convertible crib boasts versatility
- Maximum Weight Recommendation: 50 pounds
- Includes toddler bed conversion kit
- Renders easier access for shorter people
- Gives the option to keep an eye on the child from all angles
- Hassle free fitting
- Versatile design is suitable for all places
- Four different mattress height setting to suit the baby’s need
- Uses regular size mattresses
- Lightweight so easier to move around
- Does not give the option of a full-size bed
- The pricing may seem a bit too much comparing its features
4. Delta Children Canton 4-in-1 Convertible Crib, Espresso Cherry
Delta Children products are known for their unique ability to blend security, comfort, and artistic design together. And they have succeeded to continue that blend with the Canton 4-in-1 convertible crib. Delta built this crib using robust wood which makes it a lot more durable and guarantees long years of use. The slats in this crib allow free air circulation.
The crib stands on four beautifully designed curved legs while offering versatility by converting from a crib to a toddler bed, daybed and a full-sized bed. The espresso cherry finish is as good as it gets. The crib offers a three position mattress support option so that your baby can have the perfectly comfortable condition for sleeping.
With non-toxic finish and use of no lead, the Canton 4-in-1 gets the highest safety certificate of JPMA, ASTM. It has been tested through a bunch of strict tests so you can be at ease because it will keep your child secure. Last but not the least, the design of this product is eye-grabbing, sleek and aesthetic that suits your child’s room completely.
- Weight: 62 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 54.5 x 34.5 x 43.5 inches
- Material Type: Solid wood
- 4-in-1 Convertible Cribs
- 3 position mattress height setting
- Non-toxic finish tested for lead and other toxic materials to meet the JPMA certification
- Minimum Weight Recommendation: 5 pounds
- Maximum Weight Recommendation: 35 pounds
- Fixed side crib
- Assembly is relatively easier
- Includes toddler guard rail
- Includes a conversion kit so you can convert it without having to spend extra bucks
- Supports any regular size mattress and three-position height adjustment
- Impeccable designing
- Heavier than most other cribs so moving might turn out to be inconvenient
- Despite being heavier, its maximum weight recommendation is only 35 pounds while lighter cribs support as much as 50 pounds so that is a really negative side of this crib.
5. Graco Rory Convertible Crib, Espresso
For parents of present times, a crib is expected to be stylish looking and Graco Rory Convertible Crib is the best answer to that. Sleek build with a touch of modern fashion, the Graco Rory Convertible Crib fits right into the room of today’s child. Made out of solid pine wood, this crib got a sturdy build.
For a very affordable price, the Graco Rory convertible crib offers a lot. It has four different types of use starting as a crib, then a toddler bed, daybed and finally a full-size bed as your child grows up. Make sure your child gets the maximum comfort as the crib comes with three-position mattress height adjustments.
There is no option of safety risk because this baby product has gone through rigorous tests and all ASTM and CPSC safety standards plus JPMA certification. Overall this cribs which are well worth the price and will make you feel safe, secure about your baby’s safety. It may just be one of the best baby cribs considering the attractive price and features.
- Item weight: 52 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 34.8 x 53.9 x 45.3 inches
- Material type: Solid pine wood
- 4-in-1 convertible crib
- Offers three position mattress height settings
- Meets ASTM, CPSC safety standards plus JPMA certified
- Fixed side crib, non-drop front
- Maximum Weight Recommendation: 50 pounds
- Affordable price
- Multi-conversion use to accommodate the growth of your child
- Different height settings
- Solid pine wood build ensures years of use
- No visible bolts or screws that might hurt the child
- The crib is lower to the floor, easier for parents to grab their child
- Modern style fits today’s fashion
- Great choice for the price
- Conversion kit is needed to be bought separately
- Does not provide any bed rail
6. Union 3-in-1 Convertible Crib, Grey Finish
Despite not being a bigger brand, Union proves to be an excellent competitor in the baby product market. The Union 3-in-1 convertible crib is their top of the shelf crib which is really great in design and also comes out as one of the lowest priced cribs. Its classy design is sure to attract a lot of attention.
Union’s 3-in-1 crib can be easily transformed into toddler and day bed to match your lovely child’s growth. The New Zealand pine wood gives it a sturdy build to last a long time. It comes with fixed side rails. Four different mattress height settings allow you to lower the heights as your child grows up and is able to sit or stand up. This crib is a safe place to let your children rest easily with comfort.
The Union 3-in-1 convertible crib gives your child a hundred percent safe and secure environment as the crib passed ASTM and U.S. CPSC safety standards including JPMA certification for the best safety. The price of this crib is also customer friendly; you’ll definitely be satisfied with the product that you’re spending for.
- Crib Weight: 39.5 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 53.5 x 30.5 x 33.5 inches
- Material Type: New Zealand pine wood
- 3-in-1 Convertible crib1
- 4 different mattress height adjustment
- Supports all regular mattresses
- Non-toxic, lead and phthalate free finish
- Passed JPMA certification
- Provides optimum safety and comfort
- One of the cheapest crib available
- Strong wooden build
- The inside of the crib is very spacious
- Really lightweight so very easy to move around freely
- Converts to a toddler bed and a daybed
- Easy to put together
- Well designed with a minimalist approach
- Four different height settings that give more advantage
- Does not provide any conversion kit for free
- No option of converting to a full-size bed
7. Stork Craft Portofino 4-in-1 Fixed Side Convertible Crib and Changer, Espresso
A combo of a crib and a changer is made to make it the perfect fit for any baby’s nursery. Designed for durability, this crib will accompany your child through different stages of his/her life.
The four sides of the Portofino crib are all stationary, so they offer maximum security for your child. The three position mattress support base offers stability and it also enables the crib to grow with the baby.
The crib is conveniently convertible. It transforms into a toddler bed, a daybed and a full-size bed gradually. The changer included here is very handsome and effective too. To offer greater security, it has got a deep surface. Three different spacious drawers and shelves can come really handy and the waterproof vinyl change pad comes as a fine privilege. While converting the crib, the changer can be detached from it and work as an independent nightstand.
Made out of wood, this crib, and changer combo is capable of outlasting many of its counterparts with its enhanced endurance. You don’t have to worry about the quality at all, as the Portofino 4-in-1 convertible crib and changer comply with ASTM and CPSC, also it is JPMA certified.
- Crib and changer combination. The crib has four different uses as a conventional crib, a toddler bed, daybed and a full-size bed.
- All sides are stationary and it has got three position mattress support base.
- Crafted from wood, requires assembly.
- The waterproof vinyl pad comes with the package.
- One year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- The changer features three different drawers and shelves
- Product Dimensions : 71 x 32.5 x 43 inches
- Weight: 125 pounds
- Long lasting multi-purpose crib and changer offer many privileges in just one combination
- Excellent security and safety offered for the child
- The drawers and shelves of the changer are very spacious
- Beautiful, timeless design
- Bed rails not included, you’ll need to pay additionally to turn it into a full-size bed.
- Assembly required that means extra labor for you.
8. Dream On Me Violet 7 in 1 Convertible LifeStyle Crib, Espresso
Witness a great combination of simplicity and elegance in the Dream On Me Violet 7-in-1 Convertible LifeStyle Crib, a crib that is made to accompany your children as they grow older. This crib is not just an ordinary crib, it is a convertible crib that converts easily into a toddler bed, a day bed, a twin bed or a full-size bed that meets your child’s needs.
The Dream On Me Violet 7-in-1 Convertible Crib is not only affordable but also unbeatable with its long lifetime of use. Made out of best quality New Zealand pine wood, this crib has got a sturdy build along with beautiful finish. This crib offers four position mattress height settings for your convenience to access or pick up your child. It also helps to reduce the risk of your child climbing out of the crib. It supports all standard size mattresses so your child’s comfort will never be compromised.
This crib weighs under 50 pounds but still manages to support 50 pounds of weight. The simple yet elegant designed crib matches your décor right from the start. The product is safety tested and free from lead, latex, phthalates, and BPA. It also meets ASTM and CPSC standards so the safety of your child will never be under threat. All in all, this is almost an unbeatable crib considering all factors.
- Item Weight: 45 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 53.5 x 5.2 x 34.5 inches
- Material Type: Pine Wood Construction
- 4-position mattress height adjustment setting
- Supports all regular size mattresses
- Convertible LifeStyle Crib
- Passed all ASTM and CPSC safety standard
- Free from lead, latex, phthalates, and BPA
- Maximum Weight Recommendations: 50 pounds
- Hassle-free assembly
- Comparatively lighter
- Different modes of convertibility
- Four-position mattress height adjustment setting
- Strong build, so very durable
- Safety tested
- Provides the safest and comfortable sleeping environment
- No option for easy portability
- Does not include all necessary conversion tools
9. DaVinci Jayden 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
The Jayden 4-in-1 Convertible Crib comes with a promise to provide your baby with the highest comfort and security and they do stick to their promise. The GREENGUARD Gold, ASTM international and US CPSC certifications testify that.
The wood which is being used to make this crib are extracted from sustainable woods and the multiple-step painting process results in a non-toxic finish. It is lead and phthalate safe and also it has been screened for 360 VCOs and over 10,000 chemicals.
With the separately bought conversion kit, the crib can be transformed into three different other types of furniture which are: a toddler bed, a daybed, and a full-size bed. For your convenience, toddler guard rails come with the package.
The crib is amazingly comfy for the baby and parents both. It has got four adjustable mattress positions. That’s why it grows with your baby. You have to set the height at its highest point and gradually lower it with the growth of your baby, this way you’ll be able to use it with guaranteed satisfaction. Also, the crib features hidden hardware construction which is also beneficial for the baby’s safety.
With all the effective attributes, you’d think that the design might not be up to the mark. But that’s not an option for a DaVinci product. Its solid slats and curved back give it an aristocratic and traditional appearance. The clean lines will appeal anyone with admiration for beauty.
- The crib features a curved back, solid slats, and clean line.
- Constructed from wood which has been collected from sustainable woods.
- Four adjustable height option
- One product, but can be used as four different types of furniture with the help of a conversion kit.
- Toddler rail included.
- ASTM, CPSC, and GREENGUARD Gold certified
- Made for babies under 50 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 58.2 x 31.1 x 48.4 inches
- Weight: 59.5 pounds
- Versatile, convertible and durable
- Toxic and hazardous material free.
- Safe and comfortable
- Toddler guard rail included with the package
- Nature-friendly product
- Aesthetic design
- Easy assembly
- Conversion kit not included
- Wood scratches easily
10. Thomasville Kids Southern Dunes Lifestyle 4-in-1 Convertible Crib, Espresso
The Thomasville Kids Southern Dunes Lifestyle 4-in-1 Convertible Crib aims to give your child optimum comfort from infant age to adulthood. It is made for the parents who would prefer to spend their bucks on something which will serve their purpose for quite a long time. The convertible crib steps up to that plate with grace
The main feature of this crib is four modes of conversion. Starting as a crib, it turns into a toddler bed then converts into a day bed and finally transitioning into a full-size adult bed. It has three mattress position settings for you to choose depending on your child’s growth. It also has fixed stationary sides and steel mattress spring to provide maximum safety while your lovely child sleeps.
With a sleek design, this crib matches other Thomasville baby products. It supports any regular mattress so you can choose as you like. The Thomasville Southern Dunes Convertible Crib is JPMA certified. It has successfully passed all CPSC and ASTM safety standards to provide your child with a safe and comfy sleeping environment.
- Item Weight: 80 pounds
- Item Dimensions : 58 x 31 x 52.8 inches
- Material: Wood
- 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
- 3-position height adjustment for mattress
- Meets all ASTM and CPSC safety standards and JPMA certified
- Fits regularly sized mattresses
- Maximum Height Recommendation: 35 inches
- Steel mattress spring
- Converts to suit your child’s needs
- Steel mattress spring platform
- Ensures durability and toxic-free finish
- Fixed stationary sides provides extra safety for your child
- Supports any regular size mattress and three-position height adjustment
- The crib is very heavy, so will be difficult to move
- Doesn’t include conversion kits
- No toddler guard rail or full-size rail included
Factor to Consider Before Buying a Best Convertible Crib
Convertible cribs are gaining popularity nowadays because of their multipurpose uses and effectiveness. Convertible cribs fulfill almost all the requirements of a basic crib. Traditional cribs will have no use after the baby outgrows it, but a convertible crib will offer you a much longer use. Convertible cribs are basically of three kinds according to their convertibility; 2 in 1 cribs which transform into a toddler bed, 3 in 1 cribs which convert into a toddler bed and a daybed and then there are 4 in 1 beds which will convert into a toddler bed, a daybed and after that a full-size bed.
There are many convertible cribs available in the market. If you have a moderate budget, you might choose a 2 in 1 crib, but you have bucks to spend, then you can go for a 4 in 1 crib by all means. But, before buying a convertible crib, you should consider some important things and follow some instructions if you want to have the best product for your baby.
Solid Construction Matters the Most
Usually, convertible cribs are well built. Most of them are built from wood. But, if you want a really strong construction, then there are pine wood cribs which will offer maximum durability and strength. Some of the manufacturers like DaVinci produce cribs from sustainable New-Zealand pine wood, they are very strong and sturdy and also they are eco-friendly.
Drop sides and non-drop sides, there are two kinds of cribs. Drop sides will help you take the baby out of the crib easily, but they pose a security threat to the baby as drop-side cribs are not very reliable, so it’s best if you choose a crib which has fixed sides.
More Mattress Height Adjustment, More Comfort for the Baby
Mattress height is a very important aspect of a crib. If your crib has more mattress height setting, it’ll let your baby grow more comfortable. Also, it’ll make the process of taking the baby out of the crib easier. Set the mattress support into its highest height in the beginning, then with the growth of the baby, continue to lower it. You must note that the distance between the crib rail and the mattress when it is in its lowest position must be at least 26 inches.
Convertibility and Additional Features
For the best convertible cribs, conversion kits are a must. Some of the cribs include them with the package and some of them don’t. You should know beforehand about the availability of them. Some of the cribs include toddler guard rails, but for converting into a full-size bed, most of the time you’ll need to buy additional bed conversion rails and mattress. For easy movement, some cribs have casters or wheels attached at the bottom, if you want to have one of them, make sure it has got locking feature to prevent the crib from drifting away from its position due to the movement of the baby.
Substance over Style
There will always be flashy designs, but for the safety, security, and comfort of the child, choose the crib which is the most effective. When you can find more the one crib which feels appropriate for the baby, then you might choose the more stylish one.
If you choose to consider and follow the aforementioned things and instructions, you’ll be able to buy the best crib your baby is going to have.
F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Question)
Is a convertible crib the better choice?
In short, it is. Convertible cribs are very useful and some models can be used for as long as 10 years. It saves a parent from the hassle of buying different cribs or beds and is the better choice financially. It is also versatile and functional containing most features of other types of cribs.
When should I buy a convertible crib?
While you may think it is better to buy a convertible crib after the baby is born so you can buy a crib and accessories matching the baby’s gender, it is better if you buy a crib before the baby is born. Most companies take quite some time to deliver the crib after receiving any order, so it is wise to order before the baby is born so that you don’t have to wait for the crib even after your child is born.
Can a convertible crib be used for infants?
Yes, a convertible crib can be used for infant right after their birth. While you may want to use a baby bassinet or a co-sleeper, a crib is just as capable and safe for letting your infant sleep peacefully and comfortably.
Choosing and buying a convertible crib is a tenacious work. But nevertheless, you have to get one sooner or later. Convertible cribs last longer and more useful than any regular cribs. They can be expensive should you choose to splash a large sum of money. But you can get economic convertible cribs as well.
A convertible crib will be your child’s long-time companion. So you wouldn’t want to make a mistake while picking one for your baby. In this article, we have done our homework to help you as much as possible. We added necessary information about convertible cribs and made a list of best convertible cribs available.
After researching about these convertible cribs we reviewed them and pointed out their features and any shortcomings they have. So, you can take a look at this article and know for sure which crib matches your interest the most.
In this article, you can find answers to most if not all of your questions regarding best convertible cribs. You will be able to decide for yourself which crib your baby needs.We are sure that our hard work will benefit you in picking the right convertible crib for your beloved one.