Baby Carriers are adjustable seats for the baby which you can carry on your shoulders. The baby can seat front-inward, front-outward on the front or back of the parents. Baby wraps and slings can also be considered as Best Baby Carriers.
Baby carriers have various purposes which make them a popular and useful product for parents all over the world. They let you carry the baby with ease in close proximity, thus helping you to keep the baby calm. When the baby is calm and cheerful, he/she radiates happiness. As a parent, that happiness is priceless.
There are different kinds of baby carriers. In fact, they vary in style, fabric, and effect. Here, we have written this post so that you can get the right carrier for your baby without any hassle. You will find product reviews of some of the best baby carriers. With that, you’ll also learn how we have come up with the list, things you should consider before buying, and other valuable information which will help you to buy the baby carrier which will suit your baby perfectly.
Who Should Get The Best Baby Carriers?
A baby carrier isn’t a mandatory baby product which you can’t do without. But, the positive impact it has on the babies makes it a must-have product.
Babies, especially fussy ones have shown to behave exceptionally better when they are seated in a baby carrier. Baby carriers put the children in close proximity with their parents, so the connection between the parent and child grows. That works positively to calm the baby, especially reducing crying in newborns.
As a parent, you cannot carry your baby all the time in your hands. A baby carrier lets you free your hands and as a result, you find yourself capable to do the household jobs without any hassle at all.
Baby carriers are also an intelligent substitute for strollers to a certain extent. In crowded places, a baby carrier will let you move much faster and easier than with a stroller. Also, if you have a baby carrier, you won’t have to take the stroller out every time you need to go to the nearest shop or market.
For starters, a buckle carrier is a better choice over slings or wraps. Buckle carriers are easy to get accustomed to and paves way for new choices. These are also cheaper than hiking baby carriers. Usually, people don’t want to go spending too much on an untested product, so in that sense, a buckle carrier is the best option for newcomers too.
After getting accustomed to and acknowledged with the systems and use of the first carrier, it is often noticed that the parents go for different carriers which serve different purposes. There are a number of parents who use baby carriers frequently. You should choose the carrier according to lifestyle and need.
1. BABYBJORN Baby Carrier Original, Black, Cotton
A close bond with your baby will keep you assured as and the baby patient. The BABYBJORN Baby Carrier Original orchestrates the perfect opportunity for you to build such a bond.
This baby carrier can carry your baby since birth. It is designed to fit infants perfectly, no need to add an additional infant insert. It has firm and adjustable head support, so the baby’s tender neck, the head will have proper support. The carrier is built-in which is recommended by pediatricians, it helps the babies’ arms and legs stay in ergonomic positions. This helps the baby to move his/her arms and legs freely, which helps to build their motor skills and muscles.
The carrier is designed to fit your child effortlessly. The first five months, you will carry the child facing you. The infant will have support for his/her tender head and neck. After that period, when the child’s neck, head, and hips become stronger, you will be able to carry your precious both inwards and outwards. To facilitate the growing child, you just need to alter the size adjustment buckle, easy peasy.
For the parents, the BABYBJORN Baby Carrier Original offers something extra. Not only you’ll be able to hold on your child closer to your heart, but you’ll be able to do it with extreme comfort. The shoulder straps are expertly manufactured to distribute the weight of the baby evenly.
When your baby falls asleep in this, you won’t need to wake the little tyke up in order to tuck him in a bed. You’ll just need to unfasten the side buckles and that will open the front part of the carrier. It is really easy to clean as it is eligible for machine wash. The fabric used in this carrier is Oeko- Tex Standard 100, class 1 approved. Also, it is certified by JPMA.
- Product Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Package Dimensions: 11.9 x 10.4 x 3.6 inches
- Recommended use: For babies between 8-25 pounds
- Two carrying positions, parents must use the inward facing option until the baby is aged five months
- No infant insert needed
- Adjustable head support
- Color-coded buckles
- Oeko- Tex Standard 100, class 1 approved on fabric
- JPMA certified
- Keeps the baby warm and close to the parent
- Comfortable for both the baby and parent
- Safe, secured; supports the structure of the baby expertly
- Pollution free fabric
- Lightweight, easy to carry
- Machine washable, so maintenance is not troublesome at all
- Doesn’t have a waist belt, so when the baby grows up, it becomes painful for the parents to carry heavier children.
This is a nature-friendly product with absolutely no risk of pollution. It has all the elements of a good carrier. The only drawback is that, this one doesn’t come with a waist belt; though you won’t need one unless you want to carry the baby for too long a time.
2. Infantino Cuddle Up Ergonomic Hoodie Carrier, Grey
Parents everywhere prefer ergonomic carriers. They are comfortable, safe and practical. But, when you add a stylish teddy bear-themed hoodie with an ergonomic carrier, what do you get? You get the Infantino Cuddle up Ergonomic Hoodie Carrier. It is such an effective piece of baby product; you’ll be positively astounded by its features.
Hoodies protect your precious child from the harmful rays of the sun whenever you want to take a stroll out in your neighborhood. Also, this hoodie is removable, so when you’re at home doing your work with the baby safely tucked behind your back in the carrier, you won’t need the hoodie.
This carrier allows the bearer to carry the child with comfort. It can carry a child up to 40 pounds. That is not too much of a lightweight. But, for the convenience of the parents, it has got a waist belt with adjustable shoulder straps. So, carrying the baby won’t stress out your shoulders.
The wide seat for the baby has got rounded back and it supports the baby from knee to knee, making the child seat in ‘M’ position. You can use it as a facing-in carrier or a back carrier upon your preference. The maintenance process if this carrier is also easy, it is machine washable. This carrier really blends some interesting features together to craft a fine piece of work.
- Product Weight: 1.4 pounds
- Dimensions: 10 x 4 x 10
- Comes with a removable, teddy bead designed hoodie
- Wide waist belt and padded, adjustable shoulder straps
- Compatible with children between 12-40 pounds
- 2 ways to carry
- Machine washable
- Comfortable for the baby, safe and ergonomic carrier
- Carries a fairly good weight, up to 40 pounds
- Easy to clean as it is machine washable
- Shoulder straps and waist belts are quite well built
- The teddy bear-themed hoodie is attractive and it protects the child inside from sunlight
- Isn’t appropriate for newborns. They must weigh 12 pounds at least to be put inside this carrier
You can’t use this one straight away after the birth of the baby. But, after it becomes compatible with the baby, it will accompany the baby excellently for a long time. This one is very easy to clean and quite attractive.
3. Baby Wrap – Baby Carrier by Cuddlebug
Among various baby carriers, baby wraps are particularly popular because of their versatility. The Baby Wrap – Baby Carrier by Cuddlebug is such a baby wrap which has got various uses which will make it an instant hit. You can use it as a sling carrier, a nursing cover which will let you breastfeed the baby with guaranteed convenience. You can also use it as a postpartum belt. By tying it up around your belly after delivery, you’ll be able to reduce swelling. It will help abdominal muscle recovery and let you regain the original shape swiftly with ease.
This baby wrap will be very helpful to take care of your child. It is proven that, if you carry the baby for at least three hours a day, you will reduce the fussing and crying significantly. There will be constant stimulation as long the baby remains in this wrap. So, the baby will feel like cuddling all the time and will take no time to fall asleep. Even when the child is not asleep, it will hear what you hear, it will see what you see, so it will naturally adopt the things around it. All these activities will also wear out your precious and he/she’ll sleep more soundly during nighttime.
The fabric used to construct this wrap is a mixture of French Terry cotton and spandex. So, it will stretch just enough to let you hold your baby in a comfortable position without any hassle.
- Product weight: 1.3 pounds
- Dimensions: 177.2 x 19.7 inches
- Made of French Terry cotton and spandex
- 30-day money-back guarantee and lifetime replacement guarantee
- Can be used for children between 2-35 pounds
- The versatile baby wrap can be used for many purposes.
- Enhances the bonding and learning process of the baby
- The baby will rest more peacefully
- The insulation feature of this wrap will help the baby to stay warm during winter and cool in summer.
- Carrying the baby is comfortable due to the high-quality material
- Very handy for mothers after delivery
- Smaller and skinnier parents will have a hard time managing the wrap
This is not the best one for skinny parents. But for the parents who have an average or petite figure, there are few carriers better than this one. The insulation feature of this one will keep the baby at the right temperature in all seasons.
4. Baby K’tan Original Baby Carrier, Black, Small
While using baby wraps, facing problems about size, stretching and other inconveniences really kill the joy for the parents. But, you won’t need to face any of that if you decide to bring home the Baby K’tan Original Baby Carrier.
This baby wrap comes with a unique privilege for its users. The company has a sizing calculator, through which parents will be able to buy the right wrap according to their details. So, there’s absolutely no chance that it’ll be unfit for you.
Then the versatility of this wrap comes into consideration. It can be used in six different positions which are amazing for a baby wrap. Wrapping, buckling, nursing, you can do everything with the help of this one.
Baby K’tan has manufactured this baby wrap from high-quality fabric. The fabric is 100% cotton. So, it naturally helps the parents to clean it. You can machine wash it anytime. The fabric is very soft, no wonder the baby feels at home in this. Another feature that distinguishes this one from other wraps is its stretching process. Unlike other baby wraps, the fabric stretches with time and use which helps to hold the baby more conveniently and securely.
This wrap can be used pretty easily too. Just by following the three steps mention in the catalog, you’ll be able to operate it with ease. Also, a carry bag comes with the package which can be converted into a sash.
- Product weight: 1.8 pounds
- Dimensions: 8 x 3.5 x 8.6 inches
- 100% cotton fabric
- No hardware used
- 6 different uses
- Recommended use: for babies between 8-35 pounds
- Sizing calculator available to ensure the perfect fit
- A carry bag comes with the package
- Guaranteed to be a perfect fit
- Versatile baby wrap ready for many different uses
- High-quality fabric is comfortable for the babies to stay in and convenient for the parents to clean
- Gracefully stretches for the better accommodation of the baby
- Helps the infant’s development
- Double-loop design helps the parents to carry the baby comfortably
- The breastfeeding position this one prepares might not be completely appropriate for everybody
This is quite simple and straightforward. You’ll find it quite adaptable too. The price is also within the range. So, it is a very good choice.
5. BabySteps Ergonomic Baby Carrier
The BabySteps Ergonomic Baby Carrier is such a baby carrier which lets you use it differently according to your need. For instance, you can use it up to 3 months as an inward-facing hip seat carrier and 6 months as an outward-facing hip seat carrier. It can be used for babies aged between 3-36 months and weighed between 8-44 pounds.
It is really comfortable for the baby and the parent. The high heat resistant EPP structured seating does a wonderful job of reducing the shoulder burden of the parent. The baby can breathe smoothly thanks to the foldable head support and the back support helps them stay comfortable.
The fabric is a mixture of cotton and soft polyester. This highly breathable organic fabric is also conveniently elastic and it suits the baby throughout all the seasons. The baby won’t get sweaty too much because of the breathable fabric. The soft material adds to the comfort of the baby as it doesn’t cause any friction against the baby. There is a removable hoodie which protects the baby from cold winds. This baby career is really competent at creating a comfortable atmosphere for the baby.
For the parents, it is really easy to operate. Easy quick tie buckle system helps the parents to put the baby in and take it out of it without any hassle. There is also a fine 24-month warranty for the purchasers, so if any complication arises, unfortunately, you’ll be able to get help from the manufacturers easily.
- Product weight: 2.3 pounds
- Dimensions: 12 x 10 x 7 inches
- 6 different carrying positions
- Maximum waistband width: 48.8 inches
- Building material: Breathable cotton and polyester fabric
- Recommended for babies between 3-36 months or 8-44 pounds
- 24-month warranty
- Reinforced buckles and zippers
- ‘H’ shaped shoulder strap
- Waist pocket
- Versatile carrier can be used in six different positions
- Ergonomic carrier creates a very comfortable seating place for the baby
- Breathable fabric keeps the baby sweat-free
- A 24-month warranty is quite reassuring
- Really easy for the parents to use
- Strongly built as it can hold the baby until they reach 44 pounds
- The instructions that come with this carrier are not very clear or helpful for the beginners.
It comes with a 24-month warranty. The weight limit is quite impressive too. It is versatile as it can be used in six different positions. Once you get the hold of it, you’ll definitely love this one.
6. SIX-Position, 360° Ergonomic Baby & Child Carrier
Leave out all the rest. If you prioritize quality and effectiveness more than everything else, then the LILLEbaby child career should be an automatic choice. It lets you carry your baby in six different positions until the baby reaches 45 pounds.
The parents can use it in six different positions. Surprisingly, that’s not the big deal. You can use this carrier any way you deem fit. You can wear your baby facing inward or outward, you can wear this with the baby in front of you or on your hip or on your back, anywhere you like.
This carrier will provide perfect comfort to the baby’s hip regardless of the position. The International Hip Dysplasia Institute has evaluated and assured about this. To ensure the comfort and right positioning of your baby’s hip, you don’t need to spend additional bucks, you don’t need to install infant insert.
For the parents, carrying the baby in this carrier is not only comfortable but also fun. There have been many instances where the parent felt discomfort and pressure while using a carrier when the baby gained weight. Not this one, it has got an amazing waist belt and offers unique lumbar support. This carrier distributes the total weight evenly, so you don’t feel any kind of discomfort or pressure. Moreover, the Complete carrier from LILLEbaby fits parents of all body shapes. Parents can use it in ‘H’ style or ‘X’ style according to there preference.
It has got a unique temperature regulation system. There is a panel that zips-up for warmth and zips-down to cool down the baby. This fine carrier is machine washable, parents will love this. Also, this carrier from LILLEbaby meets or exceeds the standards of US and Europe, ASTM F2236 and EN 13209.
- Product weight: 2.5 pounds
- Dimensions: 14 x 4 x 11 inches
- 6 different carrying positions
- Customizable ‘X’ or ‘H’ style shoulder straps
- Lumbar support
- Temperature regulation panel
- Machine washable fabric
- No infant insert required
- Should be used for children under 45 pounds
- Meets or exceeds the US and European safety standards
- Wonderful freedom while using, the parents can use it any way they like
- Unique mesh panel regulates the temperature expertly
- Ergonomic hip-friendly seating place for the baby
- Lumbar support helps the parents to carry child without pressure, waist belt provides stability and distributes the pressure evenly
- Grows with the baby
- Machine washable, so easy to clean
- Price is a bit on the higher side but it does offer something extra
This carrier will accompany the baby for a long time and it will do so without any extra reinforcements. It is easy to wash and clean. Definitely not the cheapest, but its effectiveness outweighs that.
7. BABYBJORN Baby Carrier One – Black, Cotton
BABYBJORN has brought a baby carrier, which will offer you the ultimate ergonomic carrying experience. The Baby Carrier One is designed for comfort and it will grow gracefully with the baby.
It has got four different front and back carrying positions. You have full freedom to carry your baby in newborn position, inward-facing, outward-facing and also in your back. You don’t need any infant insert. Specifically, You can carry your child on your back from 12 months on. Furthermore, you can use the Baby Carrier One for 3 years since the birth of your child.
This baby career is hip healthy. The International Hip Dysplasia Institute has certified it so. So you can rest assured that your baby’s tender hips will get appropriate support and the legs of the baby will be kept in the ideal position.
In addition to the amazing comfort it renders to the baby, this carrier also helps the parent feel comfortable while they’re carrying the load. As it has got extra padded shoulder straps and stability ensuring waist belt, the weight of the baby gets distributed evenly. Moreover, this is a JPMA certified product, so you know you’re buying a quality product while spending the bucks.
- Product weight: 2 pounds
- Dimensions: 13 x 4 x 13 inches
- Recommended weight limit: between 8-33 pounds
- Oeko-Tex Standard 100, Class I fabric
- 4-way front and back carrying system
- Extra padded shoulder straps
- Machine washable
- Conforms to JPMA standards
- Acknowledged ‘hip-healthy’ by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute
- Four different positions of carrying. It grows with the baby and also lets the parent have freedom of carrying style
- Ergonomic and perfectly friendly for the tender parts, neck, shoulder, hip, and legs of the baby
- Free of toxic substances, top-class breathable fabric
- Extra padded shoulder straps and a sturdy waist belt eases the weight for the parents to carry
- Machine washable, that means easy maintenance for parents
- If the person carrying the baby in this carrier needs to hand over the baby to someone else, he/she needs to extract the baby from this carrier completely, which results in waking up the baby
This one is especially good for the tender parts of the baby like neck and head. It is breathable and ergonomic. It has a slight drawback when you want to shift it to someone else. But, other than that it is a pretty solid deal.
8. Ergobaby 360 All Carry Positions Award-Winning Ergonomic Baby Carrier
Unquestionably ergonomic, the Ergobaby 360 All Carry Positions Baby Carrier is one of the most comfortable baby carriers of recent times. Firstly, this baby carrier seats the baby in any position you consider comfortable for the baby, front-inward, front-outward, hip and back carry, the choice is yours. It is really patronizing for the sensitive structure of the baby.
This carrier keeps the legs of the baby even or above the hip, seating the baby in ‘M’ position and keeps the spine curved in ‘C’ position. Also, there is a back panel which can be folded and unfolded to give extra support to the neck and back of the baby.
In the same way, this carrier is also comfortable for the parents. This carrier doesn’t cause them back pain or any other discomfort. The wide padded waistband helps the parent to keep a healthy posture.
The Ergobaby carrier is suitable for parents of all kinds of body shapes. The adjustable waistband adjusts between 26-52 inches and the shoulder straps can be adjusted from 28 3/4 inches to 46 3/4 inches. That means, no matter if your body frame is petite or wide, you’ll have no difficulty carrying the baby.
Parents can carry babies from 4 to 36 months or 12 to 33 pounds. However, if you want to carry your child in it since birth, you’re gonna need the infant insert which you’ll have to buy separately.
This carrier is fairly long-lasting, it will not snag or loose down. So, you can use this one for multiple children throughout the years. The fabric quality of this carrier is top-notch. It is safe for the baby as it doesn’t contain any kind of toxic substance. That’s why it is certified Oeko-Tex; Standard 100% fabric. This carrier is machine washable and the foams in it retain their shape after washing. Last but not the least, there’s a hood which will give protection to the baby’s head from sun and wind.
- Product Weight: 2 pounds
- Dimensions: 10.4 x 6.7 x 6.7
- 4 different using positions
- Capable of carrying the baby up to 3 years or 33 pounds
- Infant insert needs to be bought separately
- Oeko-Tex; Standard 100% certified fabric, machine washable
- Extendable back panel, babyhood
- Waistband adjustment range: 26-52 inches, shoulder strap adjustment range: 28 3/4 – 46 3/4 inches
- Building material: 100% premium cotton
- Long lasting durable carrier
- Ergonomic, comfortable for both the parent and child
- Parents of different body structure can use this with ease
- Free of harmful ingredients, premium cotton is soft and breathable
- Machine washable, easy maintenance
- Good for the hip of the baby, always keeps it in a healthy position
- Hoodie protects the baby from sun and wind
- Award-winning, JPMA certified carrier will give you assurance about the quality
- You’ll need to buy the infant insert separately, that means extra cost
Easy maintenance will make it an instant hit among parents. It is JPMA certified, made of breathable premium cotton. We are quite impressed with its performance on different parents, that’s why we selected it despite the fact that it needs an infant insert.
9. Lillebaby The Complete Airflow 360° Ergonomic Six-Position Baby Carrier
If you think the name is far-fetched, then you’re wrong. If you think the name says everything about it, wrong again. So, let’s find out what this carrier has to offer. The Complete Airflow carrier from Lillebaby is a fine product which will carry your baby throughout his childhood.
The excellence of this carrier starts from its versatility. You can carry the baby in six different positions. You can keep the baby in it inward or outward face or in a fetal position as well as you can wear it in front of you or on your shoulder or hip. So many choices, so much fun, right?
This carrier will undoubtedly have an edge over most other carriers because of its longevity and duration of you. You can carry your child from infancy and until the baby reaches 45 pounds. And it is built in a way that gives one of a kind lumbar support. The weight of the baby will get distributed evenly through the padded shoulder strap and wide waistband. So, even when you’ll carry nearly 45 pounds, you won’t feel too much pressure.
The seat for the baby is adjustable and grows with the baby. It accommodates the baby in a healthy position and gives support to his neck and back. The adjustable hoodie protects the baby from the harmful rays of the sun and harsh wind. Now you see why this is such an amazing product. Also, this is machine washable, which adds to your convenience.
- Product weight: 2.2 pounds
- Dimensions: 10.2 x 1 x 7.1 inches
- 6 different carrying positions
- Recommended weight: for babies between 7-45 pounds
- Unique lumbar support
- Tall neck support, adjustable hoodie
- Manufacturing material: 100% cotton
- Machine washable
- Versatile carrier lets the parents carry their child in six different positions
- Carries the baby much longer than other contemporary carriers
- Ergonomic seating position for the baby
- 100% cotton made, so breathable and cool
- Unique lumbar support, carrying the baby is easy and fun for the parents
- Easy to maintain and clean, machine washable
- Doesn’t fit parents who are very petite
- Not on the cheaper side for a baby carrier
This is not the cheapest baby carrier, but it will carry your child longer than many other carriers. So, it will definitely make up for that extra money. This one will certainly have an edge because of its unique lumbar support.
10. All Seasons 360 Ergonomic Baby Carrier
All Seasons 360 Ergonomic Baby carrier is a true state of the art product that is built for parents who wants to leave no chances and get all the features they can when it comes to their babies. This is a universal baby carrier that offers prominent features and delivers top quality service.
This baby carrier is perfect for babies from newborn to toddler. It has got 6 different carrying positions that allow you to carry your growing baby freely. What’s more amazing is that this carrier has 3 adjustable seating positions and an ergonomic bucket seat to perfectly accommodate your child as he or she grows. Carrying a newborn baby is now easier as you’ll not need extra infant insert for using the carrier.
Having a lot of features mean nothing if the product is not comfortable. All Seasons 360 Ergonomic Baby Carrier has an adjustable temperature regulation panel that can be zipped up to keep your baby warm and if your baby needs to cool down, you can pull the zip down to reveal a breathable, airy 3D mesh that provides extra air flow.
The baby always sits in a natural “M” shape position that is suitable for newborns or toddlers. This carrier is regarded as a “Hip-Healthy” product by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute. With soft, breathable fabric, safety harness, extra neck support, and a removable and adjustable sleeping hood, your child could not be in a more comfortable carrier.
The baby carrier comes with 2-way crossable, padded shoulder straps, strong waist belt with lumbar support that makes it convenient to use for parents. Dual adjustable chest straps for breastfeeding will come in handy for mothers. Large pockets, purse strap holders will give the option to store necessary things with ease. The product also passed international safety standards ASTM F2236 and EN 13209 so it is totally safe for babies and comes with a 3-year warranty.
- Product Weight: 1.9 pounds
- Dimensions: 15.7 x 2.4 x 11.8 inches
- Material Type: Soft Cotton and 3D Breathable Mesh
- Adjustable sleeping hood, neck, and lumbar support
- ASTM F2236 and EN 13209 certification
- “Hip healthy” product declared by IHDI
- 3-year warranty
- 2-way crossable shoulder straps
- Minimum weight recommendation: 7 Pounds
- Maximum weight recommendation: 45 Pounds
- 6 different carry position
- Adjustable bucket seat that keeps babies in a natural “M” shape position
- Comfortable fabrics and breathable, airy mesh
- Lumbar support and strong waist belt helps to keep better posture and distributes weight equally
- Adjustable and removable sleeping hood to protect from sunlight
- Large convenient pocket for storage
- Needs no extra infant insert
- The carrier is quite bulky
- Pockets are not easily accessible when carrying larger baby
- Can be difficult to put together
It offers a very comfortable position for the baby to sit on. No infant insert needed so no additional hassle. It is quite versatile, offers six different carrying positions. Not the easiest to put together, but that is not a deal-breaker because you can get accustomed to using it frequently.